Know what is known
an alloporus evidence review is a quick but thorough evaluation of available scientific knowledge on an environmental question — they are an easy way for decision makers and advocates to access, collate and evaluate research knowledge that may otherwise be hard to find and interpret.
Calm the environmental debate
evidence reviews help decision makers with easy to follow interpretations of the available evidence and answers to environmental questions — the idea is that research knowledge is summarised to support real world decision-making
Independent pragmatic advice
alloporus combines research and data analysis experience with elements of systematic reviews, evidence hierarchies, and policy evaluation tools to compile evidence reviews — the report style output highlights important facts, locate knowledge gaps and provides clear interpretations
as independent advice, evidence reviews are not constrained by the conventional wisdom or current opinion — they are designed to be objective and pragmatic
Examples of recent reviews
- Will ‘natural sequence farming’ rehabilitate farms?
- What new directions will enable sustainable use of NSW soils?
- What is the evidence for ecological benefits of clearing of invasive native shrubs?
- What are the design issues for small-scale aquaponics systems?
- Does community support reduce farmer suicide rates in Australia?
- What is best practice analysis of groundwater hydrographs?
- What are the assumptions in a risk based economic response to natural disasters?
Contact alloporus for an obligation free discussion
alloporus offers very competitive rates for our evidence review services that we have provided to policy analysts, environmental NGOs, and commercial clients — rapid appraisals also help entrepreneurs decide if their ideas are unique